Wednesday, March 3, 2010

That fateful night

So, on Tuesday nights I go to kickboxing at the little hell hole, Achieve Fitness. Anyway, I get into the room and we are warming up as usual and I started to feel sick to my stomach. I thought that this was just a case of eating too fast before I left. So, I just brushed off the feeling and was still working hard. Then a few minutes later my throat started to itch and I was like, what is going on here? Then I look in the mirror and my eyes were super red, like I had been crying, but no tears were coming out. I made a mention of my eye situation to the girl I was working with and she asked if I was OK, of course I blew it off saying I was fine. It just kept on getting worse, now my tongue was starting to swell and my breathing was slightly labored, so I excused my self from the room to see if the front desk had Benadryll. They didn't. I said that I was going to go home and take care of it.
Anyway, on my 15 minute drive home, my right eye started to swell. It was not like I couldn't see or anything it was just uncomfortable. I got home and Dallin had set out 2 Benadryll and water for me on the counter, I took that hoping that this would all be over. Fortunately, the medicine didn't let the symptoms get worse but they did not get any better either. So, after 40 minutes of being at home, Dallin forced us to go to the hospital.
We waited 30 minutes just to see the EMT, that checked my vital signs. It was now 8:30. That is when we called Jonathon. He is the real hero in this story because he took Preston home and got him in bed a reasonable hour. We were still going to be at the hospital for at least another 1 1/2 more hours.
Anyway, I finally got some prescription strength Benadryll directly into my vain and I felt like I was floating. Now, I never have had alcohol but this is what I think it would be like if I were tipsy except for I was extremely tired. Thankfully, the medicine worked and slowly my body was getting back to normal. After being checked out and $50 later, we were on our way home where I went directly to bed. I did not hear Dallin come to bed or anything. This morning when I woke, I felt a whole lot better and was ready for that never happen again. I am not sure what cause this all to happen and I will probably never find out but I am sure happy it is over and Preston got to bed close to his bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preston